Wednesday 7 December 2011

Two Pine Cones Peaceful Wishes Cards

Here are two Christmas cards I made using the lovely SU! Peaceful Wishes set.  For the first card, I stamped the pine bough a few times on white CS, stamping a couple of times before re-inking.  I coloured the berry twig image with markers and stamped those over the top of the pine boughs.  I stamped the pine cones on a separate piece of CS and cut them out.  I inked the cones in Chocolate Chip ink, stamped off once and then rock 'n rolled in Early Espresso so the cones have darker edges.  After cutting all the cones out I sprinkled some seasonal sparkle on each cone with Dazzling Diamonds. I stamped the sentiment - what a beautiful flowing font! - inked the edges of  the card plus the white oval and added a Cherry Cobbler oval mat. I popped all of the pine cones up and added an Old Olive bow to the oval.     


Inside the card I stamped the Mistletoe wheel, three more pine cones and added the Peace, love & joy sentiment oval.  I stamped the Mistletoe wheel on the front of the envelope and added some berry twigs. 


For the second card I stamped the sprig of mistletoe all over the card front as a background and  I've used plain square and lacey square Nestabilities dies for the layers.  I stamped the pine bough repeatedly on the white panel, again stamping twice before re-inking.  This time, I just inked up the berries with a marker leaving the twig uninked.  I added Crystal Effects to each berry so they are raised and shiny.  I stamped three cones using Adirondack Ginger ink, stamping off once and rock 'n rolling in Early Espresso ink and I cut each cone out.  I added a strip of Rich Razzleberry ribbon, popped up the cones and then added a bow with a gold jingle bell over the top.  I rounded the corners of the white and Old Olive squares and the white square is popped up.


Inside this card I stamped the mistletoe image after stamping off once first and then stamped the sentiment over the top.  A simple stamped mistletoe sprig on the envelope flap and I was finished.


I fell in love with the Peaceful Wishes set a few years ago when I saw it in an SU! catalogue sent to me from the USA.  It went on my wish list and I finally acquired it this year.  I also decided I must have the matching Mistletoe wheel but I found that seemed to come up for sale quite rarely on eBay so I had to be patient for that.  My patience paid off eventually and I got my wheel a couple of months back.  I am SO glad I got these stamps, there's a timeless quality to them that I just love.  I hope I can be making cards with these gorgeous stamps for many years!

Supplies for Peaceful Wishes card:
Stamps: SU! Peaceful Wishes set, SU! Mistletoe wheel, Hero Arts Very Merry Christmas clear set CS: PaperMania square white card blank, SU! Cherry Cobbler & Whisper White Ink: SU! Lucky Limeade, Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso & Cherry Cobbler Tools: Petite Oval Nestabilities dies, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge dauber 
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive taffeta ribbon, SU! Dazzling Diamonds, 3d foam pads  

Supplies for jingle bell card:
Stamps: SU! Peaceful Wishes set, Stampendous Christmas Wishes clear set CS: PaperMania square white card blank, SU! Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive & Whisper White Ink: SU! Lucky Limeade, Rich Razzleberry & Chocolate Chip, Adirondack Ginger Tools: Square & Lacey Square Nestabilities dies Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rich Razzleberry taffeta ribbon, SU! Crystal Effects, gold jump ring, gold jingle bell, 3d foam pads 

Photobucket 

4 comments:

Myrna said...

Ruth
These are absolutely gorgeous. Love them.
Myrna

Jacqueline said...

Really beautiful cards Ruth - Jacqueline xx

kelly said...

Yet again I have a touch of the green-eyed monster when looking at your cards Ruth, I really like the first of your pine cone cards, they are wonderful!
Kelly xx

Margaret said...

Two beautiful cards! I love the berries on the second!! Great colors too!!

01 09 10