Friday 23 December 2011

Telescoping Circles Snowman Card

I saw a fab telescoping circles snowman card on this blog post a while ago and knew I wanted to make one myself but then it slipped out of my mind.  Well, after I'd written out and posted or delivered all my cards I came across this card again in my faves folder and was disappointed that I hadn't got round to making one this year.  However, I always leave my hubby's Christmas card 'til last and I hadn't made it yet so I decided he would get a telescoping circles snowman card!

I used circle Nestie dies for the snowman, a square Nestie die for the hat - trimmed and top corners rounded, a Labels Trio die for the hat brim, a trimmed Petite Pennant shape for the nose and small circle punches for the eyes and mouth.  This photo shows him telescoped up ready to be popped into the envelope.



This photo shows him open ready to be hung up.  I sponged each white circle with Baja Breeze ink, added some Pretty in Pink sponging to give him rosy cheeks and I sponged the edges of the nose with Cajun Craze ink.  For his twiggy arms, I used a Marianne die cut, trimmed the shapes and glued them behind the white circle before gluing that down to the black circle.  I added ribbon and punched snowflakes with a rhinestone to dress up his hat.  I gave him red buttons and stamped the bottom circle with snowflakes and the sweet "snowmen fall from heaven unassembled" sentiment.  I formed a loop out of silver cord, punched two 3/4" black circles, sandwiched the cord between the circles and glued it to the back of the hat so we could hang the card up for display.  Alternatively, you could add some magnet tape to the back for another display option.


I glued a white scalloped circle behind the black one so I could stamp a sentiment and write my message there.


Of course, I had to stamp the envelope!  I also added some snowflakes punched from brushed silver CS to finish off.  I had so much fun putting this card together!  It certainly isn't the most sophisticated card I've made for Owen, I did think it was probably more suited to a child than a grown man - but I love it anyway and so does Owen!



Supplies:
Stamps: Stampendous 'Heavenly Snowmen', PSX Snowflake Medley, SU! Button Button, Four Frames & Best Yet sets
CS: SU! Basic Black, Whisper White, Riding Hood Red & Pumpkin Pie
Ink: SU! Baja Breeze, Cajun Craze & Pretty in Pink, Memento Tuxedo Black, white gel pen
Tools: Circle & square Nestabilities dies, Spellbinder's Labels Trio die, Marianne garden branch die, SU!  Petite Pennants punch, small circle punches, Woodware snowflake punches, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper, paper piercer, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Real Red grosgrain ribbon, rhinestone,  brads




Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10