Tuesday 27 December 2011

Some Christmas Gift Packaging

I hope you all enjoyed a lovely Christmas day!  We've spent a couple of  relaxing days, full of food and fun!

I thought I'd show some of the gifts I made for Christmas.  These are just little somethings that I created packaging for.  I sent Kelly this Christmas card after she left such a sweet comment about it.  So I packaged the little somethings I sent to her using the same colours I'd used on the card and I used the mistletoe stamp.  The larger package was an envelope pouch I created, I punched two holes and threaded the ribbon through to keep it closed and added a tag.  The smaller package was made with two tag die cut shapes from the SU! Two Tags die.  I trimmed them down to size before joining the two tag pieces together as I didn't want this holder to be too wide.  I adhered a lip balm inside with a glue dot before tying the package together with ribbons.



My friend Debbie had a cup of Christmas tea at my house a week or so before Christmas and she really liked it.  I said I'd pick some of the tea bags up for her next time I went shopping but unfortunately, the shop didn't have any left so I've shared mine with her.  Instead of just bunging some tea bags in a plastic bag though, I made an effort and altered a jar to present them in!  I wrapped patterned paper around the body of the jar and decorated the lid.  I found some long neglected metal snowflakes in my stash and I added one to some ribbon I tied around the jar in a bow.  I added an aqua rhinestone to dress the snowflake up to finish off.



This photo shows the jar and the decorated lid. This jar contained peanut butter originally, I must say it looks so much posher now!


A few days before Christmas I watched Jamie Oliver's Christmas with Bells On TV programme.  He featured Epic Hot Chocolate and showed how to make the mix up in a jar.  (You can check the recipe out by clicking here if you'd like to).  I made some for hubby and me and we absolutely loved it, oh my word, it is SOOOO good!  So I decided to make some for Debbie and Mike as part of their Christmas gift.  I put the Epic Hot Chocolate mix into a Kilner jar and added a bag of mini marshmallows on top.  To decorate the jar I tied round some gingham ribbon and added a cinnamon stick and some jingle bells.  So simple - but it was very well received!  This is a very easy but delicious gift - I will make more next year for sure!




Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10