Thursday 22 December 2011

Pine Cones Peaceful Wishes Stepper Card

This is the Christmas stepper card I made for Jan and Alan using the gorgeous SU! Peaceful Wishes set.  For me, this set is right up there with Lovely as a Tree in being a set that is just classic, timeless, versatile  and  never to be parted with!   I used a 6" x 6" stepper card and remembered what a struggle it was to get the last one I made into the envelope so I cut a tad off the side!  I covered the front and back panels with Three Bugs in a Rug patterned papers.  I added a Riding Hood Red strip at the top that I die cut with my Sizzix Brackets die and I tied Very Vanilla ribbon around.  For the stamped panel, I inked the pine bough with Wild Wasabi ink, stamped that randomly onto the Very Vanilla CS, some full strength and some stamped off and I added red berries and the sentiment.  I stamped the pine cones on a separate piece of Vanilla CS, inking in Ginger ink, stamping off once and then rock and rolling in Early Espresso ink.  I cut each pine cone out, added Dazzling Diamonds and popped them up.  I used a ticket corner punch on the Vanilla panel, edged it with Riding Hood Red ink and popped it up on the Wasabi layer and added red metal nailheads.  The Wasabi mat is layered onto a Riding Hood Red mat.



I glued a Vanilla panel to the back, inked the edges and added a strip of patterned paper and a sentiment square.  The red square was cut with a Lacy Square Nestie die.  I used markers and a blender pen to colour in the holly.


I punched patterned paper holly for the envelope and added red nailhead berries. Lastly, I stamped and punched the dotty frame from the Four Frames set.  


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Peaceful Wishes & Four Frames sets, Stampendous Christmas Cheer
CS: PaperMania 6" x 6" stepper card blank, SU! Wild Wasabi, Riding Hood Red & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: Three Bugs in a Rug Deck the Halls papers

Ink: SU! Wild Wasabi, Riding Hood Red & Early Espresso, Adirondack Ginger
Tools: Sizzix 'Brackets' On the Edge die, Nestabilities square & Lacy Square dies, Woodware Ticket Corner punch, SU! Decorative Label punch, Martha Stewart Holly Branch punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig, blender pen, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon, red metal nailheads, 3d foam pads



Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10