Monday 14 November 2011

Two Snowman Cards

Here are two Christmas cards I've made using the fabby Hero Arts/Sizzix Snowman stamps and dies combo set.  The first card was made using a new embossing folder - it's got snowflakes and a gorgeous brackety frame - what's not to love?!  I've been naughty this year with embossing folders, I just can't seem to resist them!  I embossed the front of the A6 card first and then embossed a piece of Pool Party CS and cut out the frame piece.  I stamped and die cut the snowman, stamping his scarf separately and trimming it.  I tore CS for snow banks, added glitter and popped up the snowman.  The 'be merry' sentiment was the perfect size for the SU! Modern label punch.  I popped that up too and added nailheads.


Here's the inside and the envelope.


For the second card, I made a side opening A6 size card from SU! Bashful Blue CS and stamped some snowflakes as a background in Bashful Blue ink.   I stamped and die cut two trees and a snowman - the front tree and the snowman are popped up.  Again I used torn white CS as a snowbank and added glitter to the torn edge and then I stamped the sentiment.  I've added nailheads to the trees and I added glitter to the centres of the background snowflakes to finish off the front.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  Another two Christmas cards to add to the box, I really do feel I may be on track this year!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Snowman stamp & Sizzix die combo set, 'be merry' from SU! Warm Words set, Hero Arts Very Merry Christmas clear set, PSX Snowflake Medley
CS: PaperMania A6 white card blank, SU! Pool Party, Bashful Blue & Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Pool Party, Bashful Blue, Always Artichoke, Basic Gray & Riding Hood Red
Tools: Crafts Too 'Snowflake Banner' embossing folder, dies from Hero Arts/Sizzix Snowman stamp & die combo set, SU! Modern Label punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dazzling Diamonds, self adhesive metal nailheads, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

3 comments:

Sue said...

Brilliant snowmen cards and glad to hear somebody is on top of the xmas cards oops need to get motivated Luv Sue x

kelly said...

wow Ruth, I LOVE these cards!! Is the snowman a stamp and die set? Also that sentiment inside the cards is adorable!!
Kelly xx

Margaret said...

Love how you used the same snowman stamp to create two completely different style cards! The first one feels more formal and elegant (love the glittery snow) and the second is so fun and playful. Two beautiful cards!

01 09 10