Tuesday 29 November 2011

Two CASEd Stamp & Die Combo Cards

I absolutely love the Hero Arts and Sizzix stamp and die combo sets - not forgetting the stamp and embossing folder combos too!  I saw this lovely card made by Julie Ebersole using one of the combo sets I didn't have.  I told myself I didn't need that set, I could just as easily make a version using a set I did have so that's what I did.  I started off with a card base made with SU! Confetti White CS and I made a tag with Crumb Cake CS.  I stamped using Calypso Coral and Old Olive inks, die cut the shapes I wanted and arranged them on the tag.  I also added a punched sentiment circle.  I'm not a lover of orange generally but I love the Calypso Coral and Old Olive combo!


Here's the inside and the envelope.


Of course, you won't be entirely shocked to know what happened later on - yep, I bought the combo set that Julie had used on her card,  what a big surprise eh?!   I decided I absolutely had to have it and I'm so glad I did buy it, the set is SO lovely - I mean - flowers AND butterflies, what's NOT to love?!  I'm finding myself drawn to botanical images recently, I've not always liked them before but I'm really attracted to them at the moment. Anyway, I made this version of the card using the butterflies set.


Here's the inside and envelope.  That dogwood image is gorgeous!  I'm sure there will be more combo sets on the way from Hero Arts and Sizzix and I'm equally sure more will end up in my stash!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts & Sizzix 'Floral' & 'Antique Flowers & Butterflies' stamp & die combo sets, Hero Arts 'Paper Art' background stamp, 'Have a Wonderful Day' Hero Arts clear stamp, 'Happy Birthday' from Hobby Art, 'for you' from SU! Fresh Cuts set, 'Best Wishes on your Birthday' from Hero Arts 'Friends are Treasures' cling set
CS: SU! Confetti White, Crumb Cake and Calypso Coral
Ink: SU! Calypso Coral & Old Olive, Adirondack Cranberry & Espresso
Tools: dies from combo sets listed above under stamps, SU! Ticket Corner punch, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, SU! Linen Thread, brown & white striped ribbon from stash, 3d foam pads



Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10