Saturday 19 November 2011

Sparkly Ornament Merry Christmas Card - Simply Stampin' #34 Sketch Challenge

This week's challenge at the Simply Stampin' blog is a sketch challenge - and a very nice sketch it is too. 

I do hope you'll play along, I'd love to come and check out your creations!  When I see what others have made I find it so fascinating that everyone comes up with such different designs, that's what is so great about this hobby!

I've enjoyed making blue and green Christmas cards this year so I went with that combo again.  I decided to rotate the sketch, I love versatile sketches that lend themselves to being tweaked!  My card is a side opening Marina Mist A6 sized card.  I've used two sides of a patterned paper from the Nursery Nest pack for two strips and then I punched a Lucky Limeade strip with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch.  For my main image panel I stamped the beautiful Baroque Motifs swirl and the sentiment in Lucky Limeade ink.  I stamped the ornament in Marina Mist ink, punched it out, patted VersaMark all over it, sprinkled on Heat & Stick powder, blasted it with my heat gun until the ornament was tacky and then applied Dazzling Diamonds so the ornament is super sparkly.  I gave the ornament another light blast of heat to set the glitter and I pressed a piece of kitchen paper over it - I find these two steps ensure the glitter stays put and doesn't shed.  The white panel and the ornament are popped up on Dimensionals.  This simple design could be used to whip up multiple cards I think.  It would be really quick to make if you omitted the sparkle - but then Christmas cards are definitely more fabulous with sparkle in my humble opinion!


I cut a panel of Whisper White CS, stamped the swirl a couple of times and glued the panel inside the card.  The envelope flap also got a couple of beautiful swirls to finish off.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Contempo Christmas & Baroque Motifs sets
CS: SU! Marina Mist, Lucky Limeade & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Nursery Nest DSP pack
Ink: SU! Marina Mist, Lucky Limeade & VersaMark
Tools: SU! Ornament punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Heat & Stick powder, Dazzling Diamonds & Dimensionals

Photobucket

5 comments:

kelly said...

Oh Ruth, even at hyper speed your cards are amazing!! You have to tell me your secret, hope you're enjoying your weekend.
Kelly xx

Sue said...

Beautiful card and colours Ruth Luv Sue x

Aileen said...

Love this blue and green combo. With the design it's a super trendy card. x

Margaret said...

Oh, I love that sparkly ornament! Very pretty!

Kirei said...

Love your funky blue and green combo Ruth... very nice!

01 09 10