Wednesday 16 November 2011

Flowery Birthday Card

This is the card we made at our card group SU! workshop last week.  This was such a tonic for me, to have an afternoon crafting away from the mayhem going on at home while the new boiler was fitted! What an unusual, striking colour combo Joanne chose!  Now orange is not a favourite colour of mine but I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I like the Calypso Coral colour - and it looks fab here with the Pool Party.  I used it recently with Old Olive and I loved that combo. 

We used Post It notes to mask the very bottom of the Whisper White panel and then repeatedly stamped the outline flowery stem image from the SU! Simply Soft hostess set.  I stamped my row of flowers too low down so I stamped another row of flowers above, making sure to stamp off once first each time.  The Curly Cute sentiment was stamped on the dotty Pool Party paper in Calypso Coral ink and a Dotted Scallop Ribbon punched border was added at the top.  At the bottom, we added some Calypso Coral ruffled ribbon (we cut the ribbon in half length ways before gluing) and a Pool Party Scallop Edge border.  We rounded the bottom corners of the base card and the Whisper White panel.  A Whisper White panel was glued inside with a couple of stamped sprigs - you won't be surprised to learn that I stamped a couple of sprigs on the front of my envelope too! - I didn't take a photo of those though. 


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Simply Soft & Curly Cute sets
CS: SU! Calypso Coral, Pool Party & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! dotty Pool Party paper from In Color Paper Stack
Ink: SU! Calypso Coral
Tools: SU! Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Scallop Edge Border punch, Corner punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Calypso Coral 3/8" ruffled ribbon, Post It notes


Photobucket

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Very pretty! I really like the colors together and your 'stamp off' flowers are so pretty in all of their shades!

01 09 10