Wednesday 5 October 2011

Jolly Snowman Christmas Card - PP66 Musical Theme Challenge

I found the Paper Players challenge blog this week and their current challenge sounded fun - use music on your project or be inspired by a favourite song.  I remembered I had this '"tis the season to be jolly" sentiment that hasn't been inked in a while and I decided to pair that with a jolly snowman to make a festive Christmas card.  I love snowmen stamps, they always make me smile!  I chose a jolly, bright colour combo of Riding Hood Red, Old Olive and Tempting Turquoise with some white and a touch of black.

I stamped my Hero Arts music background on the card base and also on the turquoise panel.  I stamped the snowman on watercolour paper, coloured him with inks and a waterbrush and I popped him up.  I added glitter flakes underneath him so there's some festive sparkle.  I embossed the Riding Hood Red panel with a snowflakes folder and attached a gingham ribbon bow to the wonky rectangle Nestie panels with a square turquoise rhinestone brad.  I decided to continue the wonky theme by offsetting my panels on the front of the card.


I stamped two sentiments inside the card.  I thought the love and laughter one was apt for a jolly card.  I also stamped a snowflake border and also added one on the front of the envelope.  I had great fun making this card but I have got that "fa la la la la la la la la" song stuck in my head now LOL!


Supplies:
Stamps: Music Background, Let It Snow (snowman) & Very Merry Christmas clear set all from Hero Arts, "'tis the season" from Elzybells, snowflake border from My Cute Stamps Let It Snow clear set
CS: SU! Old Olive, Riding Hood Red, Tempting Turquoise & Whisper White, watercolour paper
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Riding Hood Red, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie & Basic Gray, Memento Tuxedo Black, Rhubarb Stalk & Bahama Blue
Tools: Wonky Rectangle Nestabilities dies, Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder, waterbrush
Embellishments & accessories: black & white gingham ribbon, square turquoise rhinestone brad, Cosmic Shimmer Iced Crystal Glitter Jewels, 3d foam tape


Photobucket

6 comments:

Margaret said...

This is definitely a jolly card! Your snowman image is wonderful and I love the angled layer!

Rita W said...

Oh my. Now I have fa la la la la stuck in my head too! :) Such a fun card, Ruth! I love the colors and that image is just too cute. I love the texture and the music on the background panels. Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

Cindy Hall said...

I just love your card. Very nice coloring, dimension and accents. Oh so cute! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Ruth! Your coloring is perfect! I love how you stamped music notes on your card base! The texture is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

Oh, this is so cute! I just love his snow, and I like how you stamped both sentiment inside! Thanks so much for playing with the Paper Players and my musical challenge this week!

Tara Bilbao said...

I love this jolly snowman! Your colors are so bright and cheerful . Greta job on the musical challenge. Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players!

01 09 10