Wednesday 19 October 2011

Foofy Flower Just For You Card - Simply Stampin' #29 Colour Challenge

This week's Simply Stampin' challenge is a very interesting colour combo of Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Basic Black and Whisper White.  I decided to use the lovely Medallion stamp and I layered black and olive circle mats and added a foofy flower in the centre.  To make the flower, I punched 3 Cajun Craze Fancy Flower shapes, pierced a hole in the centre of each for a brad to go through, spritzed both sides with water and crumpled them up, unfolded them and crumpled them up again, repeating the unfolding and crumpling a few times.  I joined the three layers together with one of the fabulous Antique brads.  The sentiment was punched out with the Word Window punch and layered onto a Modern Label shape.  I added punched photo corners to the top right and popped gems on the corner and sentiment.


Then there's a surprise when you open the card and see inside!  It's a box card that folds flat to go in an envelope but it pops up when the card is opened.  I glued a Whisper White panel inside,  punched a Decorative Label aperture and added an olive piece of CS behind the aperture.  I used the Boho Blossoms and Itty Bitty flower punches to make flowers to go on the piece of olive CS.  I then added some die cut leaves, stamped the sentiment and stamped part of the Medallion on the envelope front.

I came across this type of card a few days ago.  The one I saw was made using a 12" x 12" piece of CS but I wanted to use a piece of A4 CS.  I cut an A4 piece of Cajun Craze CS so that the card was as tall as a normal A6 card.  I then scored the CS on the long side at 3 1/2", 7", 7 1/2" and 11" and I had to cut a smidgen off the right hand side.  The box part inside folds flat when the card is closed and the front of the card isn't wide enough to cover that.  So I punched an Old Olive border with the Eyelet Border punch and glued it behind the card front.  I think I may have avoided that if I'd glued the box shape differently, I'll have to try it again!


Here's a photo taken from the top so you can see the box shape on the inside of the card.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Medallion bg stamp, Just Believe & Sincere Salutations sets
CS: SU! Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Cajun Craze, Old Olive & Basic Black
Tools: SU! Fancy Flower, Photo Corners, Eyelet Border, Word Window, Modern Label, Decorative Label, Boho Blossoms & Itty Bitty Flower punches, SU! Little Leaves Sizzlits die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Antique brad, clear rhinestones

Photobucket

2 comments:

cardsandacuppa said...

What a great card, I must give it a go too! and I just love those antique brads, I had some come in this weeks order, can't wait to play :-)
Hugs xx

Margaret said...

Fabulous! I love the inside pop up feature with the little window! Beautiful card inside and out!

01 09 10