Wednesday 12 October 2011

Flowery Sending Love Card

I bought some Sizzix Framelits dies a while ago and I love them.  I was so excited when I heard that Sizzix were partnering with Hero Arts to bring out sets that contained cling stamps with matching dies!  I have been impatiently waiting to get my mitts on these and a few days ago I got some.  Oh dear, more excitement was to come when I found out about sets that had cling background stamps with matching embossing folders!   A few days ago I went to the Glitter Pot, my local stamp shop, but they hadn't got these products on the shelves, they were in crates behind the counter waiting to be put out.  The staff took pity on me when they witnessed the excited reaction (well, OK then, overexcited is nearer the mark!) I had when I knew that they had got them on the premises - they kindly let me loose on the crates so I could get the sets I wanted!

So I've tried some of my new goodies on this card I've made for a close friend.   I've used the new SU! Pool Party colour, oh my goodness, it's beautiful, I love it!  I've also used two of my new stamp/die combo sets.  The sentiment is a new stamp also but I'm afraid it had to undergo surgery LOL!  It came with a snow globe cling stamp I bought and the sentiment originally read "Sending love around the world".  I knew I wouldn't use it very much at all as it was so I chopped off the "around the world" - much more useful now!

The card measures 4 3/4" square and first off I attached the strip of dotty Melon Mambo ribbon.  Then I merrily stamped and die cut the sentiment, frame, sprigs and flowers.  I've popped up a Pool Party centre on the largest flower and I added Dazzling Diamonds to that and the two Melon Mambo flowers.  The sprigs and frame are also popped up.  It is SO easy to line the dies up with the stamped images and I certainly wouldn't fancy cutting out that sprig with scissors!


For inside the card I cut a white panel and added a die cut flower with Dazzling Diamonds sprinkled on the centre.  I stamped a matching background stamp on the front of the envelope plus a  frame.


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Frames with Sprigs' & 'Floral' stamp & die sets, sentiment from Penny Black 'Sending Love' cling set, Hero Arts 'Paper Art' background cling stamp
CS: SU! Pool Party & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Pool Party & Melon Mambo
Tools: dies from Hero Arts 'Frames with Sprigs' & 'Floral' stamp & die sets
Embellishments & accessories: SU! dotty Melon Mambo grosgrain ribbon, SU! Dazzling Diamonds, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10