Saturday 13 August 2011

Dotty Leaves & Flower Square Happy Birthday Card

A simple birthday card I made using Hero Arts stamps and some fun Bo Bunny dotted paper.  I stamped the leaves and flowers in black ink, cut them out and sponged the edges.  I also sponged the edges of the raspberry panel.  When cutting out the flower I cut between the petals so I could get some dimension.  I've glued the centre flat to the card but have put 3d foam pads under the petals.  I stamped the sentiment on a separate piece of CS, trimmed it and rounded the right corners.


I then stamped the leaf on the front of the envelope, stamped the flower on the vanilla panel, sponged the edges and added the sentiment.  An unusual colour combo maybe, but I really like how the aqua flower pops!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Leaf Flourish & Small Sweet Petals cling stamps, Happy Birthday from Hobby Art, inside sentiment from Hero Arts
CS: PaperMania recycled kraft square card blank, SU! Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: Bo Bunny Raspberry Dot, Clover Dot & Ocean Dot
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Peeled Paint & Broken China Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Adirondack Raisin
Tools: Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: 3d foam pads


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10