Saturday 30 July 2011

Pearly Three Ferns Thank You Card

A friend gave me a bottle of Perfect Pearls 'Perfect Pearl' Mist as a gift and also gave me the recycled kraft A6 card blank.  I've used them to make a thank you card to give to her.  I inked the Three Ferns stamp with two colours of ink, stamped the Weathered background over the top and sponged the edges.  I then spritzed the panel with the Perfect Pearl Mist.  Oooh, it's so lovely and shimmery, I love it!  There are other colours in the range of Perfect Pearls Mists and now I've had a go I'm planning to buy the gold one which I think will be fab for Christmas cards.

Next I made a foofy flower by scrunching up three punched Rich Razzleberry Fancy Flower shapes which I spritzed before adding the brad.  After diecutting the doily border I also gave that a pearly spritz but I left the Pear Pizzazz strip plain.  I used the Modern Label punch for the Thank You sentiment from the Curly Cute set


I then decorated the envelope and the inside of the card.  The small flowers on the sentiment are punched shapes from the SU! Itty Bitty Punches pack.  I added small clear gems to the flower centres.  I wasn't sure about these kraft card blanks, I felt they were a bit dark.  Now I've tried one I've decided I really like them!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Three Ferns, SU! Weathered bg stamp, Thank You from SU! Curly Cute set, inside sentiment from SU! Best Blossoms set
CS: PaperMania recycled kraft A6 card blank, SU! Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper pack (for brad centre)
Ink: SU! Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzleberry & Early Espresso, Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink
Tools: SU! Fancy Flower, Modern Label, Decorative Label & Itty Bitty Shapes flower punches, MFT doily border die, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: Perfect Pearls 'Perfect Pearl' Mist, PaperMania brad


Photobucket

2 comments:

Myrna said...

Ruth
These are very, very pretty.
Myrna

kelly said...

Love the shimmery sparkle Ruth, and it's always good to recycle!
Kelly xx

01 09 10