Tuesday 5 July 2011

CAS Silhouette Trio Happy Birthday Card

Oh, I've wanted this SU! Garden Silhouettes stamp set for ages and ages and I now finally have it!  It was a level two hostess set in the first UK catty in 2007 and there was no way I was going to earn it.  Susan, the Queen of CAS, made these cards a while ago which I fell in love with, in fact she's made several beautiful cards with these stamps and that meant I coveted the set even more!  This is one of the sets I got from eBay.com thanks to Sharon who very kindly let me use her USA home address for my sets to be delivered to and then Debs and Mike brought them home to the UK for me.  I saved a fortune on international shipping charges so I made the most of this opportunity to get some lovely SU! stamp sets!

I made my own version of Susan's fab cards using three images from the set.  Instead of regular rectangle shapes I used my Wonky Rectangle dies and I used my Scor-Pal to add  a scored line above and below the rectangles.  I liked the sentiment stamped in grey on Susan's card so I did the same with my Hero Arts Happy Birthday stamp.  The card is a side opening landscape A6 size and the three rectangles are popped up.


I stamped the envelope flap and inside the card.  Oh my goodness, this set is just SO lovely, I am one happy stamper!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Garden Silhouettes set, Hero Arts sentiments
CS: white CS
Ink: Memento Lulu Lavender, Grape Jelly, Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves, Angel Pink, Rose Bud & London Fog
Tools: Wonky Rectangles Nestabilities dies, metric Scor-Pal
Embellishments & accessories: 3d foam pads



Photobucket

2 comments:

Sue said...

Brilliant card Ruth Luv Sue x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

These cards are gorgeous Ruth, love the different shapes

01 09 10