Wednesday 27 July 2011

Butterfly Post It Notes

Oh my giddy aunt, I fell completely in love with these butterfly Post It notes Becky showed on her Inking Idaho blog.  So sweet, and butterfly shaped Post It notes - what's not to love?!  I found that a 3" x 3" Post It pad wasn't big enough to cut out the entire butterfly.  I used a 5" x 3" Post It note pad and cut off a tad over 1 1/2" from the side which means I have some mini Post It note pads to use as well!

Keeping the notes together, I pulled 20 sheets off the pad - you can make 5 of these from one pad if you use 20 sheets, 4 if you use 25 sheets.  I tried 25 sheets as well and the Big Shot happily die cut those in one go.  I then die cut two large butterflies from Pink Pirouette CS as front and back covers.  I glued the back Post It note sheet to one large pink butterfly and I embossed the other one with the Vintage Wallpaper folder.  I then joined the two large pink butterfly pieces together with a book ring after punching a hole with the Crop-A-Dile.  I die cut two more butterflies to decorate the front, I kept the Melon Mambo shape plain but I stamped the smaller Pink Pirouette shape with the Bella Toile stamp using Melon Mambo ink.  I fixed those to the front with glue dots and added clear rhinestones.


Here's the inside showing the butterfly shaped  Post It notes.  What a happy little project to work on!  I just need to get more book rings and I'll be all set to make more of these cuties!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Bella Toile bg stamp
CS: SU! Pink Pirouette & Melon Mambo
Ink: SU! Melon Mambo
Tools: SU! Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die, SU! Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Crop-A-Dile
Embellishments & accessories: 5" x 3" Post It note pad, book ring, clear rhinestones


Photobucket

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

What a great idea - you have made these beautifully - Jacqueline xx

kelly said...

wow, wow, wow, what a fab idea!!!
I must order myself that die now.
Have a great weekend Ruth.
Kelly xx

kelly said...

Ruth it's all your fault, that die just jumped into my shopping basket!!
Can't wait for it to arrive sometime next week.
Kelly xx

01 09 10