Saturday 23 July 2011

Butterfly Best Wishes Birthday Card

Carol from my card group very kindly gave me a bagful of card making magazines so I've been happily browsing.  A butterflies card I saw in the June issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft really took my fancy - hmmm, butterflies, what a surprise!  The card (actually it was a wedding invitation) used the  Wild Rose Studio 'Wedding Butterflies' set which has 5 butterflies all with a rose pattern.  It just so happened that the Glitter Pot had the set on the shelf last time I paid a visit so I picked a set up!

I stuck pretty much to the layout of the card in the mag as I liked it so much but I used fewer layers and butterflies and no patterned paper.  My card measures 12 cms square.  I stamped the Fern Lace background stamp onto a Pink Pirouette panel using Victorian Velvet distress ink.  I inked the edges of the pink panel plus the plain white circle and stamped the sentiment with Victorian Velvet ink too.  This is a new colour for me and so far I love it!  I scored the butterflies so I could pop the wings up a bit and then I added gems to the bodies.


I then stamped a sentiment and butterflies inside the card and a butterfly on the envelope flap.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Fern Lace background stamp, Wild Rose Studio 'Wedding Butterflies' clear set, 'Best Wishes' from Hobby Art, inside sentiment from Hero Arts Yummy Treats clear set
CS: white CS, SU! Pink Pirouette & Whisper White
Ink: Memento Sweet Plum, Grape Jelly, Rose Bud & Lilac Posies, Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet Distress Ink
Tools: Circle and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities dies, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: clear gems


Photobucket

1 comment:

cardsandacuppa said...

Great butterfly card and I love how you have decorated inside, it really finishes it off beautifully
Hugs xx

01 09 10