Wednesday 6 July 2011

Another Garden Silhouettes Birthday Card

This is another birthday card I've made with the lovely SU! Garden Silhouettes set.  A while ago we made a card at Joanne's Make and Take evening using Crumb Cake, Marina Mist and white and I really liked it so I chose that combo for this card.  The card is a side opening landscape A6 size and I spritzed the card front with Champagne Mist shimmer spray so it has a lovely sparkle - that's difficult to tell from the photo though!   I inked the flowery branch using markers and stamped it a few times on white CS and added the Birthday Wishes sentiment using Early Espresso ink.  I used a Wonky Rectangle die to cut out the image and mat and offset them before gluing them to the card front.  I tied on some Marina Mist ribbon and added gold Stickles to the flower centres. 


I then stamped the flowery branch on the envelope flap and inside the card with Crumb Cake ink.  Inside I added teeny tiny dots to the flower centres with a Marina Mist marker and stamped the sentiment.  A sweet and simple card which will be perfect as a BRAK card as it's not too dimensional and will be easy to post.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Garden Silhouettes set, Birthday Wishes from SU! Watercolor Trio set, inside sentiment from Hero Arts Yummy Treats clear set
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Marina Mist & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake, Marina Mist & Early Espresso
Tools: Wonky Rectangle Nestabilities die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Marina Mist grosgrain ribbon, shimmer spray made with SU! Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint and alcohol

Photobucket

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love the blue on this, the shapes are great and love the Stickled flowers

01 09 10