Monday 25 July 2011

Agapanthus Happy Birthday One Layer Card

This is a one layer card I made using the Stampendous Agapanthus Thank You clear set that I will use as a BRAK card.  I deliberately kept it to a one layer card after a trip to the Post Office to send off some BRAK cards which cost me £1.65 each to post!  I'm obviously not keeping the cards flat or light enough!

I bought a pack of PaperMania 300 gsm square white card blanks recently.  When I got the first card out of the pack I noticed the card had a slight texture so I was a tad concerned if it was going to be OK to stamp onto.  The cards are so smooth, despite the slight texture, that the sentiment and images stamped perfectly!  These are lovely cards, a really good weight for card bases.  I inked the flower stems with Bamboo Leaves ink and used Grape Jelly for the flower heads and sentiment.  I rounded the top right corner of the card.  As a final touch to the front I added a touch of twinkle by dotting a Sakura clear Stardust pen on the flowers.


I then did some stamping on the envelope and inside the card.  I really love these Agapanthus stamps, this is one of my favourite flower sets!


Supplies:
Stamps: Stampendous Agapanthus Thank You clear set, 'Happy Birthday' from Hobby Art, inside sentiment from Hero Arts Yummy Treats clear set
CS: PaperMania square white card blank
Ink: Memento Bamboo Leaves & Grape Jelly
Tools: Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: Sakura clear Stardust pen


Photobucket

1 comment:

Monica Gale said...

Gorgeous card Ruth, I adore agaphantus flowers.M xx

01 09 10