Tuesday 28 June 2011

Two Cards Made With New Stash

What's better than new stamps?  New half price stamps!  I went to the Glitter Pot the other day and picked up a few things in the summer sale.  I used some of my bargains to make this first card for Alan to wish him well following his spell in hospital.  The leaves are from a clear set and the scallop circle is a cling stamp - both Hero Arts and both 50% off.  For the sentiment I used a die from the Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio 3 set and I got that at 25% off. 

I started off with a Chocolate Chip side opening landscape A6 card.  I stamped the scalloped circle in Baja Breeze ink, cut it out with a plain circle die and matted it on a larger Old Olive circle.  I stamped the leaves and cut them out.  After stamping the Best Wishes on the tag die I threaded it onto a strip of Old Olive CS and glued the strip to the card.  I threaded thin Baja Breeze CS strips through the holes of a brown button and attached that to the card with a glue dot.  I then rounded the top right corner.




For the inside of the card I stamped a cluster of leaves at the bottom of a white panel.  I stamped the ginkgo leaf on the envelope flap to finish off.  I LOVE this leaf set, the images are so realistic and detailed!




Next I made a BRAK card using a half price Penny Black cling background stamp.  Oh my goodness, this is a beautiful stamp and it cost under £4 - a fab bargain!  I stamped the background on Very Vanilla CS using Elegant Eggplant ink, trimmed the panel and sponged the edges.  I die cut another ribbon tag and threaded it onto a length of Old Olive grosgrain ribbon which I taped to the back of the vanilla panel which I glued to my Old Olive card base.  I put a charm brad in the centre of an Old Olive felt flower and attached that to the tag.  I stamped and punched the sentiment element, popped it up and then added the decorative corners.  This background is so gorgeous I didn't want to cover it up too much.




I used the background stamp again to make strips for inside the card and for the envelope.  I inked the sentiment stamp with Old Olive and Elegant Eggplant markers.




Supplies for Best Wishes card:
Stamps: Hero Arts Leaf Prints clear set, Hero Arts Striped Circle cling stamp, Best Wishes from Hobby Art
CS: SU! Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Baja Breeze & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Early Espresso & Crumb Cake
Tools:  Circle Nestabilities dies, die from Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio 3 set, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: button, 3d foam pads


Supplies for Birthday Wishes card:
Stamps:  Penny Black Majestic Composition cling background stamp, Birthday Wishes from Hero Arts Birthday Messages clear set, inside sentiment from Hero Arts
CS:  Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Old Olive, SU! Old Olive & Elegant Eggplant markers
Tools:  die from Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio 3 set, SU! Modern Label punch, Sizzix Decorative Corner Sizzlits die, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, SU! Felt Fusion felt flower, DoveCraft charm brad, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

1 comment:

Merry said...

Really love the way you finish your cards. These are so lovely. Reminds me I have those felt flowers, must dig them out.

01 09 10