Tuesday 21 June 2011

Tree Trunk Thinking Of You Card For Jean

Jean, a friend from my card group, is going through a tough time right now.  I made this card to let her know I'm thinking of her and hoping for better times ahead.  I've used a card I saw on display at the Glitter Pot for inspiration.  I saw the card, really liked it and then, of course, I had to buy the Tree Trunk stamp!  I was there with Jan and Lesley from card group and all three of us bought this stamp, we were quite willing and happy to enable each other LOL!

I started off with a Chocolate Chip 5 3/4" square card.  I've been using Early Espresso as my go-to brown these days and neglecting my Chocolate Chip so I thought it was time to use it again.  I stamped the woodgrain on Crumb Cake CS using Chocolate Chip ink and added the ribbon.  I stamped the image on watercolour paper and coloured using markers and watercolor crayons.  The little birdies are cut out and popped up.  I added punched grass at the bottom and matted onto a Baja Breeze layer.  I punched the sentiment out with the Modern Label punch and added die cut leaves and punched flowers.  I finished off the front by adding gems to the flower centres and the woodgrain panel.


I added a white paper insert inside the card, stamped the leaves and added punched flowers.  I stamped the leaves across the front of the envelope with full strength and stamped off images.


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Tree Trunk, Hero Arts Designer Woodgrain, sentiment from SU! Trendy Trees set
CS: SU! Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz & Rich Razzleberry, watercolour paper
Ink: VersaFine Vintage Sepia, SU! Chocolate Chip, various SU! Watercolor Wonder Crayons & markers
Tools: Martha Stewart Grass border punch, SU! Little Leaves Sizzlits die, SU! Boho Blossoms & Modern Label punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, gems, 3d foam pads



Photobucket

1 comment:

Sue said...

Ahhhhhhhhh Ruth this is so sweet just love the little birdies on the branches Luv Sue x

01 09 10