Thursday 23 June 2011

Butterfly Best Wishes BRAK Card

On my last visit to the Glitter Pot I picked up some Ranger Metal Foil Tape Sheets.  I thought they would emboss beautifully - and they do!  I was so impatient to try it out I didn't pay close attention when I put the sheet in the Vintage Wallpaper folder so I ended up with a debossed design but it looked fab anyway!   The tape is adhesive backed so after embossing I just peeled off the backing sheet and stuck it to the Baja Breeze card base - after adding a strip of narrow Early Espresso ribbon.   

I then die cut a Baja Breeze butterfly, stamped it with the Bella Toile stamp using Early Espresso ink and sponged the edges.  I  scored lines on both sides of the body, attached a pearl stamen as antennae and then added blue pearls.  To keep the wings popped up, I added dimensionals with the backing paper still on behind each wing.  I used the elegant frame stamp from the Four Frames set for the sentiment.  I punched two Early Espresso Designer Label shapes, cut them apart, layered them behind the white label and popped the sentiment up.  To finish off the front, I added punched photo corners with blue pearl accents.


Then I stamped the envelope flap and added die cut and embossed butterflies to the sentiment oval inside the card.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Bella Toile background stamp, SU! Sincere Salutations & Four Frames sets, Woodware Special Wishes clear set
CS: SU! Baja Breeze, Early Espresso & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Baja Breeze & Early Espresso
Tools: SU! Beautiful Butterflies Bigz L die, SU! Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, SU! Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, SU! Photo Corners punch, Petite Oval Nestabilities dies
Embellishments & accessories: Ranger Metal Foil Tape Sheet, SU! Early Espresso taffeta ribbon, blue pearls, 3d foam pads



Photobucket

2 comments:

Sue said...

Another beautifull card Ruth thanks for shareing Luv Sue x

kelly said...

when I saw that gorgeous embossed foil background I actually went 'ooooooohhhhh' out loud my boyfriend thinks I'm so weird, but I don't care I'm like a magpie, attracted to anything thats shiny!
Kelly xx

01 09 10