Thursday 12 May 2011

Petal Pizzazz Happy Birthday Card

I saw a colour challenge a while ago that put together yellow, aqua and brown.  I didn't get around to taking part but I mentally filed the combo away for future use.  This is the card I came up with when I got round to trying it out.  I made the card base with SU! Baja Breeze CS and added an Early Espresso layer.  I brayered the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder with Barely Banana ink and embossed a piece of Whisper White CS.  I added Early Espresso narrow taffeta ribbon .  I used Baja Breeze, Barely Banana and Pear Pizzazz inks to stamp the flowers and leaves.  I stamped a button onto Baja Breeze CS, cut it out and punched the buttonholes so I could add some Early Espresso taffeta ribbon.  I then glued the button to a few punched 3/4" circles so the button has some dimension and popped it in the centre of the flower.


I embossed the envelope flap and a panel for inside the card and then to finish, I punched labels for the sentiment.  I don't think I would have come up with this colour combo myself but I really like it actually!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Petal Pizzazz, Button Button & Cute & Curly sets, inside sentiment from Hero Arts
CS: SU! Baja Breeze, Barely Banana, Early Espresso & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Baja Breeze, Barely Banana, Pear Pizzazz & Early Espresso
Tools: SU! Elegant Bouquet embossing folder, SU! Scallop Circle punch, SU! Decorative Label punch,  SU! 3/4" circle punch, brayer
Embellishments & accessories: SU! 1/8" Early Espresso taffeta ribbon,  3d foam pads


Photobucket

1 comment:

kelly said...

you're right, those colours don't look like they would work together, but they do.
Gorgeous card Ruth! x

01 09 10