Tuesday 17 May 2011

Black White & Pink To You From Me Card

I just got a set of Marianne Creatables circle dies, the large flowery circle frame is so pretty!  I found it a bit tricky to cut out, I had to run it through the machine once, give the die a quarter turn and run it through again and then it cut out all the way through.  You need a pin handy too to release the shape out of the die and to poke out the excess bits from the die. 

One of my all time fave colour combos is black and white with bright pink so I chose that for this card.   The card measures 4 3/4" square.   I seem to love the look of dry embossing on white CS at the moment so I cut and embossed the shape using Whisper White CS.  I then glued it onto a 4" black circle.    I embossed the Melon Mambo panel with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.

I stamped the silhouette flowers and sentiment and then cut that out with a circle Nestie die and also cut a larger Melon Mambo circle and arranged these inside the flowery frame.  The centre of the frame die is not a perfect circle so it looked so much better to arrange my circles off centre, it looked odd when I placed them centrally.  I then attached 3 silver mirror candy dots to the side of the frame with pop dots.  I got these as a gift from Michelle, the bag has black, pink and silver candy dots - a perfect colour choice for me!  I then added clear gems in various sizes to the centres of the embossed flowers around the frame.


I wanted to keep this card as a general purpose, any occasion card so I decided not to add a sentiment inside.  I just stamped the silhouette flowers in the corner and added Melon Mambo photo corners.  I embossed the flap of the envelope with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  This size folder is perfect for embossing a 5" square envelope flap.  I think embossing on an envelope is such a classy and elegant touch.  It's simple but adds a real wow factor.



Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Silhouette Corner, sentiment from SU! Best Yet set
CS: SU! Basic Black, Whisper White & Melon Mambo
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Melon Mambo
Tools: LR0152 Marianne Creatables circles dies, SU! Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Sizzix Circle #1 die, Nestabilities circle dies, SU! Photo Corners punch
Embellishments & accessories: Craftwork Cards Candy Dots, clear gems, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10