Thursday 28 April 2011

Two Stitches And Flowers Cards

I recently got the SU! In Stitches jumbo wheel stamp.  Now, I am completely and utterly hopeless with wheel stamps.  Joanne has showed me many times, given me help and advice, all to no avail - I am SO challenged by wheels!  So, I always unmount my wheel stamps, I slap Kling-On on the back of the rubber and then I use an acrylic block to stamp with.  With this stamp, not only did I unmount the rubber, I cut each line of stitches apart.  I've now got 6 unmounted stitch stamps - fab!  As I'm also needlework challenged, these faux stitches will be the closest I'll get to sewing LOL!

This first card was made with Crumb Cake CS and measures approx. 4 3/4" square.  I stamped 5 rows of stitches as a background using various colour inks.  Surprise, surprise I've made a flower using the Sweetheart, Printed Petals and Button, Button sets AGAIN!  I had to do some masking with the sentiment so I could have the words on two lines.  I've gone for a bright colour scheme (Melon Mambo, Marina Mist and Wild Wasabi) but the inks don't seem quite as vibrant when stamped on Crumb Cake CS, you get a more muted look which I like.  I attached the flower to the card by placing a large glue dot in the centre.  I've then placed 3d foam pads with the backing paper still on under each petal and leaf so they remain popped up.  To finish off the card front I rounded the top right corner.


 

Then I stamped inside the card and on the envelope flap.


For my second card I wanted to see if the leafy stitch stamp could be used as a flower stem - it seemed to work really well!  I also got to use the wonderful Elegant Bouquet embossing folder - I love it, it's gorgeous!  I stamped the leaf stems at different heights and then used Pear Pizzazz ink and a blender pen to add colour to the leaves.  Printed Petals flowers were stamped in Razzleberry ink, stamped off once, cut out and popped up.  I've added some rhinestones to add a touch of sparkle.  Petite Oval Nesties were used for my layers and I finished off the card with Razzleberry punched photo corners.


Supplies for Happy Birthday card:
Stamps: SU! In Stitches jumbo wheel stamp, SU! Printed Petals, Sweetheart, Button, Button & Curly Cute sets, inside sentiment from Penny Black
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Marina Mist & Melon Mambo
Ink: SU! Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist & Cherry Cobbler, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Petite Oval Nestabilities die, circle punches, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: glue dots, 3d foam pads


Supplies for To You From Me card:
Stamps: SU! In Stitches jumbo wheel stamp, SU! printed Petals & Best Yet sets
CS: Anita's A6 white card blank, SU! Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzleberry & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Pear Pizzazz & Rich Razzleberry
Tools: Petite Oval Nestabilities dies, SU! Elegant Bouquet embossing folder, SU! Photo Corners punch, blender pen
Embellishments & accessories: clear rhinestones, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

2 comments:

Sue said...

Two fantastic cards Ruth Luv Sue x

kelly said...

wow, Ruth, you should become a SU demo, that idea of breaking down the wheel into several stamps is genius!! I want to do this now, you clever ducky you!!

kelly xx

01 09 10