Wednesday 20 April 2011

Two Potted Tulips Easter Cards

I decided to dust off my large Woodware flowerpot punch and use it with my tulip set to make another Easter card.  The first card is a shaped one made with Labels Ten Nestabilities dies.  This card has a colour combo of Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Wild Wasabi and white.  The white oval was cut from White Shimmery CS.  I punched the flowerpot twice so I could have a contrasting pot rim.  I embossed the Pale Plum pot with the Square Lattice folder and then brayered Pale Plum ink over the embossing.  I attached a tag to the pot with a square rhinestone brad.  A Martha Stewart border punch was used for the grass.  My tulips are sparkly 'cos I added Star Dust Stickles.  An embossed butterfly managed to flitter onto the card and I added gems to the body.


I liked how the flowerpot card turned out so I decided to make another one.  This second card uses a colour combo of Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, Regal Rose and Shimmery White CS.  I didn't make this a shaped card, my card base is an A6 card made with Melon Mambo CS.  For this card I stamped and cut out five tulips and I stamped a Hero Arts Easter sentiment on the pot rim.  My oval layers are mounted on a Wild Wasabi Labels Eight Nestie shape.  I embossed this with the Sizzix Regal Flourishes folder and brayered Wasabi ink over the embossing - recently my brayer has seen a lot of action LOL!  Star Dust Stickles was added to the tulips again to add sparkle.  But, wait - no butterfly on this card - it IS possible for me to make a card without adding a butterfly!


Then I stamped a white panel for the inside of the card and decorated the envelope.



Photobucket

2 comments:

kelly said...

Hi Ruth,
Love the touch of lattice embossing on the flower pots very good idea!!
kelly xx

Dawn B. said...

My sweet friend.. I just got back from a vacation and this card was in my mail box.. I was so excited. The very first SU set I purchased was the tulip set.. It is very special. I made a bunny out of the stamps at a stamp class. I also had 100 tulip bulbs planted in my garden back home. Oh how I miss them..Thank you.. THANK YOU.

01 09 10