Tuesday 12 April 2011

A Trio Of Bright & Cheery Heartfelt Thanks Cards

These are some of the cards I've made to thank friends for my birthday gifts.  I've used some new SU! goodies - the Printed Petals, Sweetheart and Button, Button stamp sets, the Square Lattice embossing folder and some cute butterflies from the Beautiful Wings Embosslits die.  I am so very chuffed at how these stamp sets work so well together * happy sigh *

The first card was for Debbie and Mike and uses a Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo, Marina Mist and Early Espresso colour combo.  I started off with a Wild Wasabi A6 card and I added embossed Melon Mambo CS at the bottom of the card.  I stamped the stem from the Sweetheart set onto Whisper White CS and die cut an oval.  I stamped the large flower from the Printed Petals set in Melon Mambo ink and cut it out.  For my flower centre I stamped a button, punched it out and then I glued it on top of a few more punched circles so it is dimensional, like a real button.  To add further authenticity I pierced the button holes and threaded a thin strip of Melon Mambo CS through the holes.   I placed torn Wild Wasabi CS as grass to the bottom of my ovals and then I added two of the sweet birdies.  The birdies have gem eyes and are popped up.  The finishing touch to the card front was some Marina Mist ribbon.


Then I stamped a panel for inside the card and decorated the envelope flap.  I LOVE that textured punched heart on the envelope!  It's not a good photo, it isn't showing the true colour - the hearts were punched using Melon Mambo CS.



The next card was for Gill and Brett.  Part of my gift from them was the most gorgeous pair of turquoise diamante heart earrings which I've included in the photo.  So I thought it would be fun to have a turquoise heart on their card. This time I made a tent topper card using Wild Wasabi, Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise and Early Espresso as my colour combo.  It tickled me no end to emphasise the 'heartfelt' aspect of the sentiment on this card with a heart shape plus a 'felt' flower LOL!  I included another popped up birdie with a gem eye and popped another gem in the centre of the felt flower.


Gill and Brett got a textured turquoise heart on the envelope and I then stamped a panel for inside the tent topper card.  The line of flowers image is from the Printed Petals set.  I needed to add one flower so each line was the same length, it lined up perfectly!  I am loving my clear mount sets, they are easy to use and fab to store. I'd still buy wood mounted two-step stamping sets so that I could stamp vellum Stamp-A-Ma-Jig imaging sheets but I've decided I'll be mostly sticking with clear mount sets.


The third card is a twisted easel card for Jan and Alan using a Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz, Rose Red and Early Espresso combo.  Plus some My Mind's Eye patterned paper - which is GORGEOUS!  I love it when I can match a non SU! patterned paper with SU! colours.  Jan and Alan gave me the Sweetheart stamp set plus the heart punch as my birthday gift so I definitely had to use those for their thank you card.  More Square Lattice embossing, another big flower with a button centre, another birdie but this time a few embossed butterflies have fluttered onto the card.  I added blue gems to the bird's eye and the butterfly bodies.


This is how I decorated the envelope front and the bottom of the easel card.  Oooh, another new toy used here - the Decorative Label punch - which seems perfect for the 'Elegant Thank You' stamp don't you think?


Photobucket

1 comment:

Mary Marsh said...

I love all these cards-the twisted easel is a unique one for sure-you sent a card to Gill & Brett-I laughed my son is Brett-my dil is Ghilly-just a bit of trivia

01 09 10