Friday 8 April 2011

Morning Glory Best Wishes Birthday Card For Lesley

This is the birthday card I made for the lovely Lesley who comes to my monthly card group.  I've used the brick embossing folder again and I thought a vine of Morning Glories climbing up a wall would look lovely.  It seemed a good idea at the time LOL!  It was a lot of work, all that cutting out but I have to say I really liked how the card turned out so it was well worth the effort.

The card is an A6 size made with Marina Mist CS.  I used Core'dinations Cream of Wheat CS and scuffed it for the brickwork.  I used an Old Olive Swirly die cut as a vine.  I inked the flowers with Bashful Blue and Marina Mist inks and the leaves with Pear Pizazz and Old Olive inks.  Then I did a lot of cutting out, positioning and popping up.  The small flowers have clear gem centres.  I used another gem to dot the i in 'wishes' on the sentiment oval.


For the inside of the card, I stamped the Weathered stamp in Antique Linen ink on Whisper White CS, sponged the edges of the panel, stamped a sentiment and added a few flowers.  I then stamped the envelope front using the flourish stamp from the Vintage Vogue set and added a few small Morning Glory flowers.

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Marvelous Morning Glory, Sincere Salutations & Vintage Vogue sets, SU! Weathered background stamp, Woodware Special Wishes clear set
CS: SU! Marina Mist, Old Olive & Whisper White, Core'dinations Cream of Wheat CS
Ink: SU! Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz & Old Olive, Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink
Tools: Creative Expressions 'Brick' embossing folder, Sizzix 'Swirly' Decorative Strip die, SU! plain oval punch
Embellishments & accessories: clear gems, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10