Saturday 2 April 2011

Butterflies Happy Birthday Card

This is the second of the cards we made at Joanne's March Make and Take evening.  Oh, my giddy aunt, the Sizzix Beautiful Wings Embosslits die is adorable!  That was a 'must have' on my Mini Catalogue order for sure.  I can't wait to get my new goodies next week!  Some of them are birthday gifts from hubby though so I'll have to wait 'til Thursday for those. 

My card differs from the one Joanne designed 'cos I got a couple of smudges on my card and I added a couple of things when I finished it off at home.  I added an extra butterfly on the bottom half of the white panel (to cover a smudge) and I also added a Rich Razzleberry mat 'cos I had to trim my white panel smaller due to another smudge!  The Tempting Turquoise ribbon is also an extra I put on.

I asked Joanne if I could see some Shimmer White CS before I decided whether I wanted to order some as part of the March Frenzy promotion.  She very kindly let me have a piece so I used that as my white panel.  The Shimmer White CS looks lovely, it is lovely to stamp on too and it was a bonus that it was at a special price during March! 



I then stamped the envelope flap and a Whisper White panel for the inside of the card.  Another cute die cut butterfly was added inside.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Vintage Vogue & Curly Cute sets, inside sentiment from Penny Black
CS: SU! Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry, Shimmer White & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Old Olive & Rich Razzleberry
Tools: SU! Sizzix Beautiful Wings Embosslits die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon, SU! Basic Rhinestones


Photobucket

1 comment:

MS said...

Another great card Ruth - love the 'bubberflies'! Very classy - as usual.
Ronnie S. x

01 09 10