Monday 11 April 2011

Blue Butterfly Kind Thanks Card

This is the first card I made with my new goodies from the SU! mini catalogue.  Joanne delivered my order late afternoon on Wednesday and as Owen watched the football on TV that night I went up to my craft room to play.  I loved this butterfly in the Strength and Hope set as soon as I saw it, it's such a nice shape and size and I couldn't wait to ink it up.  Another toy I couldn't wait to use was the Square Lattice embossing folder, oh my giddy aunt, I LOVE this, you get such a deep impression!  The other new item I used was the Decorative Label punch - love that too of course as it has a brackety shape!

I started off with a Pacific Point side opening A6 size card and I added some Blueberry Crisp patterned paper, some embossed Marina Mist CS and some white ribbon.  I stamped the butterfly on Whisper White CS, punched it out with the Decorative Label punch and then stamped again, this time cutting the butterfly out.  I've attached two rhinestone brads to the body and I popped up the wings by placing half a dimensional under each wing and leaving the backing paper on.  I punched another Decorative Label using Pacific Point CS, cut it apart and layered the top and bottom pieces behind my white label.  I cut out the sentiment with a Labels Trio die, popped on a clear crystal as the dot for the i and added small embossed Marina Mist punched photo corners.  I stamped the gorgeous flourish from the Strength and Hope set on the envelope flap to finish off.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Strength & Hope & Thank You Kindly sets
CS: SU! Pacific Point, Marina Mist & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Blueberry Crisp Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Marina Mist & Pacific Point
Tools: SU! Decorative Label & Photo Corners punches, Labels Trio die
Embellishments & accessories: white grosgrain ribbon, SU! clear rhinestone brads, clear gem, SU! Dimensionals


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10