Monday 14 March 2011

Rosy, Lacy 50th Birthday Wishes Card For Joanne

This is the card I made for Joanne who is celebrating her 50th birthday today.  Hope she enjoys her special day!  I used gorgeous retired SU! stamps (or contraband items as Joanne refers to my SU! eBay purchases!) to make this card, the Rose is a Rose set and the Victorian Lace background stamp.  A match made in heaven, beautiful stamps to work with!  My colour combo is Melon Mambo, Old Olive and Basic Black, very striking I think.

I started off with a Melon Mambo side opening A6 card, I added a black mat and then my lacy layer.  I inked the Victorian Lace stamp with VersaMark and embossed with white embossing powder on Basic Black CS.  The roses and leaves were stamped with Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive inks.  I cut all the images out, added Dazzling Diamonds to the roses and popped everything up.  I had to add a reference to the big 50 milestone - but at least I was subtle about it!  I stamped the lacy background in Pear ink after stamping off once, stamped the 50 in Melon ink after stamping off a few times, stamped the sentiment in black ink, cut it out with an oval die and edged the oval with Olive ink.  I've popped the white oval up.  To finish off the front, I added pink pearls and I added a sparkly rose circle to the envelope flap. 


I also decorated the front of the envelope and stamped inside the card.  I was determined to use that black lacy strip left over from my layer on the card front!  The Victorian Lace background stamp is SO pretty and I was looking on eBay a week or so ago and I came across another retired SU! lacy background stamp.  Of course I couldn't resist, I'm now stalking the postie, anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Fern Lace background stamp!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! A Rose is a Rose & Wow Flowers sets, SU! Victorian Lace background stamp, Hero Arts Basic Numbers set, Hero Arts Fabulous Birthday
CS: SU! Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz & Old Olive, Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMark
Tools: Petite oval Nestabilities dies, SU! Eyelet Border punch, SU! circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, white embossing powder, SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Prima pearls, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

2 comments:

sylviane said...

I discover your blog and I am dazzled saddened I am French living in the USA but my English is very poor, I simply want to say to you that I like your cards, bravo!
Kisses Sylvianeusa

kelly said...

wow ruth, I love it, I have this set too, isn't it fab?! Whenever I need a ladies card I always know this set will be well received.
Another fab creation, well done!
kelly xx

01 09 10