Saturday 12 March 2011

Lilac Blossoms For Kelly

When I blogged my first projects made with the SU! Blossoms Abound set I received such a lovely comment from Kelly from Kelly's Craftin' Corner.  I've never met Kelly but I've had online contact with her a few times.  Anyway, I contacted her to ask if she would like to receive a card made with the Blossoms Abound set.  Kelly said yes so I set to work.  I didn't just make a card though, it turned into an ensemble (sounds posh LOL!) 


I added a bookmark and a decorated box containing some chocs.  I recently bought some sweet butterfly earrings from Past Times and I had kept the box as I knew I could do something crafty with it.   It's a nice sturdy box with a magnetic closure.  Not quite a perfect match to Razzleberry but close enough!

For the card I made a Razzleberry 5 3/4" square blank.  I added Old Olive and Whisper White to the colour scheme and I used papers from the SU! Cottage Wall pack - one of my favourite packs.  I had just received my SU! Linen background stamp from eBay so after stamping the lilacs panel I overstamped with the Linen using Crumb Cake ink and I sponged the edges.  Oh my word, I LOVE the Linen stamp, I'm so glad I got it!  I sprinkled sparkle on the flowers with Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  I added Old Olive ribbon, a flat bow and photo corners with olive crystals.



Here's a pic showing a close up of the Linen overstamping - and the sparkly Dazzling Diamonds!


Of course, it wouldn't be a complete Ruth M creation without a stamped inside and matching envelope!  Oh yes, my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig worked overtime on this project!  No glitter on the envelope or inside.


Here's the glittered bookmark.  I added a jumbo eyelet to thread the ribbon through.


Here's the decorated box.  I put some Cadbury's Crunchie Rocks in a cellophane bag inside.  Scrummy!  I'm sure the choc won't last long but hopefully Kelly can keep something in the box afterwards.


The Blossoms Abound set is truly gorgeous and a joy to work with.  I hope Kelly enjoyed receiving this as much as I enjoyed putting it together for her!  I have to say I am now lilaced out for now though LOL!  This set is now on loan to my crafty friend Jan - I've even lent her the Linen stamp too!  I'm not having too many withdrawal symptoms, after all I do have other new flowers to keep me busy - roses, morning glories and pansies - so stay tuned for those!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Blossoms Abound set, 'for you' from SU! Fresh Cuts set, SU! Linen background set
CS: SU! Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive and Crumb Cake
Tools: Square Nestabilities dies, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, circle punch, Crop-A-Dile
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, SU! Rich Razzleberry dotted grosgrain ribbon, Anita's olive ribbon, SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter, SU! pewter jumbo eyelet, olive crystals, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelly is one LUCKY girl!!! Your set is soooooooooo AMAZING!!! The linen background stamp really makes the paper look like fabric.

01 09 10