Friday 4 March 2011

February Stamper's Ten Make & Take Cards

We made two cards last week at Joanne's S10 Make and Take evening.  Well, my first card looks quite a bit different from Joanne's original design 'cos I messed mine up on the night and I finished it off at home a few days later!  Joanne stamped the Funky Forest wheel on a piece of patterned Blueberry Crisp paper in VersaMark ink, heat embossed with clear powder and then brayered Not Quite Navy ink over the patterned paper.  I tried this again at home a few days later and after three attempts where I wasn't happy with my results I gave up.  So I stamped Funky Forest on a quite plain piece of Blueberry Crisp patterned paper in Not Quite Navy ink and left it at that! 

Joanne had used the Sanded background stamp on the Sahara Sand panel but I don't own that one but I'd just received a new background stamp from eBay so I used that instead.  I bid on and won the retired SU! Weathered background stamp but the USA eBay seller sent me the Antique Cracking stamp instead.  The two are similar and I do like the Antique Cracking stamp but Weathered has much finer lines and that really was the one I wanted.  After contacting the seller to sort the issue out we came to a deal where I kept Antique Cracking, paid $10 for Weathered and the seller shipped it from the USA for free.  I was happy with that - well, I now have two new background stamps!  So I stamped Antique Cracking on the Sahara Sand panel in Not Quite Navy ink.  As I have Jan's SU! Frames with a Flourish set on loan I stamped a frame, stamped the birthday sentiment inside the frame, cut it out, added brads and I've popped it up.



Then I stamped a sentiment inside the card and added two flourishes.  I added a stamped and punched tree circle element to the envelope flap.


The second card uses the gorgeous Vintage Vogue set, one of my faves!  I'm afraid I've done my own thing with this card too!  Joanne had made a very fancy dimensional centre for her large flower.  It was lovely but a) it looked too fiddly and potentially frustrating for me and b) the card wouldn't have fitted in an envelope.  I don't mind making the occasional box for a very special card but mostly I like my cards to fit in envelopes!  So I've added rhinestones to my flower centres.  I couldn't resist adding punched Pear Pizzazz Photo Corners to my card as well.


We stamped the inside of our cards that night at Joanne's .  I've added a frame and a sentiment to my card and of course, had to stamp my envelope too!




Supplies for trees card:
Stamps: SU! Funky Forest wheel, Sincere Salutations, Frames with A Flourish & Trendy Trees sets, SU! Antique Cracking background stamp, inside sentiment Penny Black
CS: SU! Not Quite Navy & Sahara Sand
Patterned paper: SU! Blueberry Crisp Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Not Quite Navy
Tools: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: Brads, 3d foam pads


Supplies for flowers card:
Stamps: SU! Vintage Vogue, Cheer & Wishes & Frames with a Flourish sets, inside sentiment from Hero Arts clear Birthday Messages set
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizzazz & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Pear Pizzazz & Real Red
Tools: SU! Scallop Trim Border & Photo Corners punches, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, embossing stylus & moulding mat to shape flowers
Embellishments & accessories: Clear rhinestones



Photobucket

1 comment:

Sue said...

Just lovely cards luv sue x

01 09 10