Tuesday 15 February 2011

Oval Flower Bookmark Card - WMSC34

When I saw the Waltzingmouse Stamps sketch WMSC34 this week I thought it would be fun to cut a slot in the card front and insert an oval bookmark.  Here's the sketch.


I started off with an A6 card made with SU! Not Quite Navy CS.  I cut two slits 3/4" apart as a slot for my bookmark to slide into.  For the bookmark I cut Petite Oval Nestie die shapes in Whisper White and Pacific Point CS and Blueberry Crisp patterned paper.  I used the WMS Say It With Style set, stamping the flowers and leaves in VersaMark on Pacific Point and Sahara Sand CS and heat embossing with white powder.  I also embossed the sentiment in white.

I put a contrasting piece of Blueberry Crisp paper on the bottom of the card.  I cut out the images and assembled them with glue dots.  I haven't popped anything up, I kept it flat so the oval will function well as a bookmark  To finish the card front, I added two Cuttlebug Vintage die cut shapes and silver nailheads to the flower centre and sentiment strip.


Then I decorated the envelope front and the inside of the card.  I love that patterned paper!  I used my Eyelet Lace border punch on the Pacific Point strip.  This card will be posted to a distant friend I keep in touch with solely by snail mail.



Supplies:
Stamps: WMS Say It With Style set
CS: SU! Not Quite Navy, Pacific Point, Sahara Sand & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Blueberry Crisp Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: VersaMark, SU! Not Quite Navy
Tools: Petite Oval Nestabilities dies, Cuttlebug Vintage die, Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace border punch, Crop-A-Dile
Embellishments & accessories: white grosgrain ribbon, SU! Pewter Jumbo Eyelet, self adhesive silver nailheads

Photobucket

4 comments:

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Ruth! Such a great idea, a lovely gift card, and I love the deep blue card.

LaurieJ said...

Wow, just lovely! Love the deep blue paired with the kraft.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is so pretty, Ruth! I love the colors you used and the bookmark is such a clever take on the sketch! Thank you for playing with us at WMSC this week!

Beth Miller said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Love your color combination.

01 09 10