Friday 18 February 2011

Leafy Medallion Twisted Easel Card

This is a square twisted easel card I made to send to my sweet friend Dawn across the pond.  I was very remiss and missed her birthday so I sent this best wishes card and stamped a 'happiness always' sentiment on the bottom.  I used the lovely SU! Day of Gratitude set and an earthy colour palette.

I made the card in Pear Pizzazz CS, added a Crumb Cake embossed panel on the front and an olive patterned paper panel on the bottom.  I inked the medallion with Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive and Crumb Cake inks.  I cut it out and placed a flower charm brad in the centre.  I stamped and cut out three leaves and the acorn and I sponged the edges in a darker ink to add some definition.  A couple of the leaves and the oval sentiment are popped up.


This is how I decorated the bottom of the card where I wrote my message.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Day of Gratitude, Ovals All & Whimsical Words sets
CS: SU! Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper
Ink: SU! Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Really Rust & Chocolate Chip
Tools: SU! plain oval punch
Embellishments & accessories: Dovecraft charm brad, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

2 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi Ruth
love the twisted easel....and the words ..fAB.....
Hugs
sylvie
xx

Pauline said...

This is fabulous Ruth, love the medallion and the inking is superb.

01 09 10