Wednesday 16 February 2011

In Love With Lilacs

I've just bought an old, retired SU! two step stamping set called Blossoms Abound from eBay.  Oh my word, it's a beautiful set and I'm in love with it, completely smitten!  I got the set on Saturday and it hasn't moved from my desk since, I've made three cards and re-decorated my candle jar. 

Card one was made using Labels Ten Nestie die shapes and the colour combo of Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant and Very Vanilla.  I embossed each Labels Ten shape.  I stamped the lilacs in Perfect Plum first and the overstamping was done with Elegant Eggplant - I stamped off once first each time.  The leaves are Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive.  I've added stamped speckles and sponging using Crumb Cake ink and I sprinkled sparkle on the flowers in the form of Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  I finished the card off with a circle sentiment and purple crystals.  I kept the card flat as it was sent in the post.  I needed to send a cheque to my SU! demo Joanne and I sent it with this card.


I decided to use my Elzybells Stamp and Scrap Sentiments set to add a humorous touch to the envelope.  I thought Joanne might get a chuckle from it!  Here's the front (you can click the picture to get a larger view).


Here's the back.  LOL!


Card two uses a brighter colour combo of So Saffron, Rose Red and a touch of Pear Pizzazz.  After I'd assembled the square panel I realised it was a tad large for an A6 size card which is what I'd planned.  So I cut the So Saffron card to measure 4 1/8" x 4 7/8" and hung the lacy square Nestie shape over the edge.  The card fits in a 5" square envelope.

I embossed the card front with the Leafy Branch Cuttlebug folder.  I stamped the flowers in Pretty in Pink and Rose Red - I stamped the Rose Red off once.  I kept with pear and olive for the leaves.  I sponged So Saffron ink around the panel, added the sentiment and green brads.  Again I added Dazzling Diamonds to the flowers.  I will use this card as a birthday RAK card so I kept it flat so it can be posted.


Then I stamped the envelope and the inside of the card.


Having stamped the lilacs in purple and pink I decided blue was the next choice.  I've used Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy inks for the flowers and pear and olive again for the leaves.  The card is a side opening A6 size card made with Baja Breeze CS.  I've added Bella Bleu patterned paper to the bottom.  On this panel I used Antique Linen distress ink to stamp a woven fabric background over the lilac and sentiment and to sponge the edges.  I love that look!  I also stamped and edged the vanilla strip and photo corners.  This card will be hand delivered so I could add some dimension.  I've popped up the Baja Breeze oval and added punched butterflies which I edged with the distress ink.  No glitter on this one, I finished off by adding blue crystals to the butterflies and the Not Quite Navy Labels Ten shape.


Then I stamped the envelope front and the inside of the card.


I so love these stamps that I wanted to stamp something for me that I'm going to be able to keep and see on display.  I thought it was time for my candle jar to get a makeover.  The candle is fragranced with cherry and almond - such a delicious smell! - and the wax is red so I paired Cherry Cobbler with olive and vanilla.  For the flowers I used Regal Rose and Cherry Cobbler inks and pear and olive for the leaves.  I stamped two lilacs for the jar front oval and for the lid I stamped the flowers and a cluster of leaves.  The Stamp-A-Ma-Jig gets a real workout with this set!  I really loved the look of the woven fabric background I stamped on the blue card so I repeated that here but this time I used Crumb Cake ink.  I've added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the flowers. 


My lovely neighbour Kath has just bought over some freshly baked Bakewell slices for us - how scrummy to eat those tonight with the candle burning, can't wait!  There is just something about stamping with these gorgeous stamps that makes me happy.  I'm so glad I got them!

Photobucket

1 comment:

kelly said...

Oh ruth, I wanted this stamp set!
But I'm won't be sad because I can see that it has gone to a good home and you have made far more beautiful cards than I could have made with them.
I wish my blog was half as good as yours.
www.kellyscraftincorner.blogspot.com
xx

01 09 10