Thursday 24 February 2011

Fresh Cuts Flowers Thinking Of You Card

I'm making a determined effort to use some of my neglected SU! sets.  It has been a long time since I've used my Fresh Cuts set so I pulled that out for this card.  I started with a Rose Red A6 card base and an embossed Pear Pizzazz panel.  Before gluing the Pear panel, I attached the black grosgrain ribbon.  The embossing folder is on loan to me from my friend Jan.  I really like it but I will use it a couple more times before deciding if I have to buy it too!  For the image panel, I stamped the background stamp from the set in Pear ink after stamping off once and cut out the oval shape.  I then stamped the foliage stamp repeatedly round the oval using Old Olive ink, added the sentiment in black ink and matted the white oval on black and Rose Red ovals.  I then inked the flowers with Regal Rose ink, rock and rolled in Rose Red ink, cut them out, added a bit of shaping and glued them to the oval.  I then placed black gems in each flower centre.


I made a circle element for the envelope flap and stamped an inside panel.  I stamped the foliage stamp repeatedly around the panel, re-inking after two stampings.  I haven't used the oblong shadow stamp in years but I thought it would work well to highlight a sentiment.  I stamped the two flowers on the right direct to the panel but the flower placed over the shadow stamped rectangle is cut out.  I placed black brads in the centre of these flowers before gluing the white panel inside the card.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Fresh Cuts, Sincere Salutations & Sweet Little Sentiments sets, Hero Arts Little Greeting Background
CS: SU! Rose Red, Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Regal Rose, Rose Red, Pear Pizzazz & Old Olive, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Petite oval Nestabilities dies, Crafts Too Daisy Flourish embossing folder, SU! circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: Black grosgrain ribbon, self adhesive black gems, SU! black brads


Photobucket

1 comment:

Pauline said...

This is delightful Ruth, those colours really pop against each other!

01 09 10