Monday 17 January 2011

UStamp Swap Cards

Some of the designers for the UStamp with Dawn & Friends Year End Blow Out event took part in a card swap.  Swappers had to make three cards using current SU! products.  I've not taken part in a swap before and as there were only three cards involved I decided I'd do it.  I generally don't make multiples of cards but three cards the same I can manage.  How people make 50+ cards the same I'll never know, it would drive me barmy!  We had to send two of the cards to Dawn (she keeps one and the others will be offered as a prize to a lucky winner) and then we had to send the third to our selected swap buddy. 

These are my cards using a few of my fave SU! products and colours.  I made side opening A6 landscape cards.  The colour combo is Rich Razzleberry, Marina Mist, Old Olive and Whisper White.  I used the Vintage Vogue set, the co-ordinating Very Vintage jumbo wheel and the sentiment is from the Fresh Cuts set.  Other well loved products used are the plain and scalloped oval punches, the Eyelet Border punch, the Little Leaves Sizzlits die and clear rhinestone brads.

I inked the flowers, stamped off once and then rock and rolled the edges.  You get a nice gradation of colour that way.  The flowers are popped up.  For the sentiment, I stamped the Vintage Vogue flourish in olive ink after stamping off a couple of times before stamping the 'for you' and punching out. 


Here's a pic of the front of just one card.


Of course, I had to stamp the envelopes and the insides of the cards too!


My swap buddy was the lovely Nancy.  Here's the beautiful sympathy card she sent to me all the way from Idaho.  Nancy chose two of my fave SU! colours - my old fave Rose Red and my new fave Pear Pizzazz - and I love the addition of some Baja Breeze in there.  In fact, I liked the colours so much I had to make a card with these colours right away!  I love the layout and adore the ruffled ribbon and tiny pearls!  Nancy has used a new set called 'Thanks for Caring' from the USA mini catalogue.


Here's the inside of Nancy's card.  What a perfect sentiment for a sympathy card.


Supplies for my swap cards:
Stamps: SU! Vintage Vogue & Fresh Cuts sets, Very Vintage wheel
CS: SU! Rich Razzleberry, Marina Mist, Old OLive & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Rich Razzleberry, Marina Mist & Old
Tools: SU! Eyelet Border punch, SU! plain & scalloped oval punches, SU! Sizzix Little Leaves Sizzlits die, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! clear rhinestone brads, SU! Dimensionals


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10