Thursday 20 January 2011

Owl Birthday Wishes Card

Blimey, I made a masculine birthday card when I didn't actually need one!   Well, I wanted to use my new woodgrain embossing folder.  It will be nice to have one on hand in my stash anyway. 

I made a side opening landscape A6 size card with More Mustard CS.  I embossed the woodgrain folder on a piece of Core'dinations CS and scuffed the embossing with fine sandpaper.  I stamped the owl and used oval Nesties to cut the image and layers out and then I sponged the vanilla edges with More Mustard and Chocolate Chip inks.  I did the same for the sentiment.  The owl panel is popped up and I added yellow gems to the owl's eyes. 

I've borrowed Jan's oval Nesties to see how I like the petite sized ovals.  I'm thinking ovals will be the next Nesties shape I get and I want to make sure I get the right ones  and I think I'll be better off with slimmer ovals rather than fatter ones.  You see, following my crafty clear out I'm determined to make fewer purchasing mistakes and make more sensible choices!


I then stamped the inside of the card.  I bought a set of unmounted stamps from a friend - the swirl behind the sentiments and the leafy border on the envelope come from that set.



Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado Birds Galore clear set, SU! Sincere Salutations set, inside sentiment from Hero Arts, unmounted stamps from unknown manufacturer
CS: SU! More Mustard, Chocolate Chip & Very Vanilla, Core'dinations Chocolate Mousse CS
Ink: VersaFine Vintage Sepia, SU! More Mustard & Chocolate Chip
Tools: Plain & scalloped oval Nestabilities dies, Craft Concept Woodgrain embossing folder
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Vintage brads, Anita's gem wheel, fine sandpaper, sponge daubers, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10