Thursday 6 January 2011

January 2011 Card Group Projects

Today was our first card group get together for 2011. Hmmmm, I said I was going to give the group something a bit more challenging in January but that hasn't happened - I'm not up to feeling challenged myself yet LOL! Definitely got that post Christmas feeling!

A couple of the ladies wanted to know how to use brass stencils with their Big Shot machines so the first card uses the dry embossing technique. I embossed the flowers on a strip of pink Core'dinations CS and then embossed the whole stencil on green. After scuffing with fine sandpaper, I popped up the flowers and I've outlined each flower with Rhinestone Stickles.


The second card also has dry embossing but this one uses the lovely leafy Cuttlebug folder. I absolutely love the leafy silhouette stamp from the SU! Just Believe set and I think it looks lovely stamped offset in contrasting colours. The sentiment is stamped in Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate ink on a strip of vellum. I gave it a quick blast with the heat gun so the ink dried a bit faster. I've wrapped the strip around the white panel and taped it to the back. I also fixed gold brads to the strip. I then finished off the panel with a celery die cut photo corner and added white gel pen dots to the scallops. The last touch was the pale green ribbon.



The last card is a very bright and cheery little number, I wanted to use bright colours with some black and white thrown in. The A6 size card is made with So Saffron CS and I've used Marina Mist and Melon Mambo accents. I cut 1/2" off the right hand side and glued a strip of Marina Mist CS on the inside back of the card. Most circle images are from the SU! Circle Circus set but the scalloped circle uses stamps from the Vintage Frames set. Various size circle punches were used to cut out the images and mats. The circles are glued flat to the front of the card except the scalloped sentiment circle which I've popped up.



This photo shows the card open so you can see the shaped front.


Supplies for dry embossed flower trio card:
Stamps: SU! Just Believe set
CS: Anita's cream A6 card blank, Core'dinations CS in Amazon and Fuchsia
Ink: Memento Bamboo Leaves
Tools: Lasting Impressions brass stencil
Embellishments & accessories: Rhinestone Stickles, fine sandpaper, 3d foam pads

Supplies for leafy just for you card:
Stamps: SU! Just Believe set
CS: Craft Creations hemp textured square white card blank, Core'dinations Amazon, SU! Certainly Celery, white vellum
Ink: SU! Certainly Celery, Memento Bamboo Leaves, Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate
Tools: Plain and scalloped rectangle Nestabilities dies, Cuttlebug Leafy Branch Cuttlebug embossing folder, Sizzix Sizzlits Photo Corners die
Embellishments & accessories: Offray satin ribbon, gold brads, white gel pen

Supplies for circles Happy Birthday card:
Stamps: SU! Circle Circus & Vintage Frames sets
CS: SU! So Saffron, Marina Mist, Melon Mambo & Whisper White, black CS
Patterned paper: Doodlebug
Ink: SU! So Saffron, Marina Mist & Melon Mambo
Tools: 2", 1 3/4", 1 1/2", 1 1/4", 1" & 3/4" plain circle punches, SU! Scalloped Circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: 3d foam pads

Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

These are beautiful Ruth.. I love the card you sent to me for the holidays..Thank you so much for thinking of me. Hope you had a great holiday..
Hugs,
Dawn

01 09 10