Thursday 27 January 2011

Flowers & Doily Happy Birthday Card

I picked up this rectangle doily stamp in the sale at the Glitter Pot.  I couldn't wait to ink it up and try heat embossing with white powder, I think it turned out nicely.  I stamped stems and flowers from the SU! Soft Summer set and cut them out.  The flowers are popped up and I added a pearl to each centre.

Again, I made a side opening landscape oriented A6 card - I think they stand up better than the cards with the fold at the top.  Also again, I cut off a strip from the right hand side and added a decorative punched border.  I used Nellie Multiframe oval dies for the sentiment and added tiny pearls.


As per usual, I stamped the inside of the card as well.  The doily looks great stamped in colour too!  I stamped the doily in Pear Pizzazz ink, cut it out and also stamped it in Crumb Cake ink, added the birthday wishes sentiment and cut out a strip to layer over the pear doily.  To finish off, I added a flower with a brad centre.


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Rectangle Doily, SU! Soft Summer, Vintage Frames & Wow Flowers sets
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzazz & Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark, SU! Pear Pizzazz, Perfect Plum, Crumb Cake & Chocolate Chip
Tools: Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace border punch, Nellie Multiframe oval dies
Embellishments & accessories: White embossing powder, self adhesive half pearls, brad, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

2 comments:

Curt in Indy said...

I really love that lace stamp. I've not seen it before, and I love what you did with it. The white embossing is awesome. The second card uses it well as well. Great creativity with this stamp. I just may need to find this stamp! Best, Curt

Pauline said...

This is beautiful! I LOVE that doily stamp! Gorgeous cut out flowers and lacy edging, a lovely card!

01 09 10