Tuesday 25 January 2011

CAS Flourish & Flowers Just Because - Craft For Life Card

Monday's CAS103 challenge on Splitcoast Stampers was to use a flourish.  I used a stamp from the Inkadinkado Bold Damasks set as a leafy accompaniment to my trio of stamped flowers.  I used a Memento Dew Drop ink pad but I wanted to achieve a rock and rolled look but you can't rock and roll on a small ink pad!  So I inked the stamp, stamped off once and then went round the edges of  the image with the pointed end of the ink pad, that worked a treat! 

I still have Jan's oval Nesties on loan at home and I used them for my layers.  I sponged distress ink around the vanilla oval.  I cut 1/2" off the right side of my side opening A6 card and added a punched border and a plum strip.  I seem to be loving decorative edges to my cards these days!  To add some shaping and dimension to the flowers, I cut the petals deeper, placed them on a moulding mat and spiralled the thick end of an embossing stylus in the centre of each flower.  The petals pop up a bit then.  I've added gold self adhesive nailheads to each flower centre.  This card will be donated to the Cancer Research UK Craft for Life campaign.


Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado Bold Damasks clear set, SU! Vintage Vogue set, Personal Impressions Mixed Sentiments clear set
CS: SU! Very Vanilla & Perfect Plum, Core'dinations Amazon
Ink: Memento Sweet Plum, Memento Bamboo Leaves, SU! Chocolate Chip, Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink
Tools: Oval Nestabilities dies, Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace border punch, embossing stylus
Embellishments & accessories: Self adhesive gold nailheads


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10