Wednesday 22 December 2010

Snowman Diorama Card for Debbie & Mike

This is the Christmas card I made for our friends Debbie and Mike.  I've made a diorama card that fits into a 6" square envelope.  I've used my jumbo snowman - I love this stamp image, it always makes me smile to get him inky!

I stamped snowflakes as a background over the whole card front.  There's a piece of snowflake patterned paper on the back panel.  The fir trees were made with a stamp from the Lovely As a Tree set.  I've added Stardust Stickles to the hat and trees and Orange Peel Stickles to the nose.  Labels Eight Nestie dies were used to cut the apertures.  For the sentiment, I used a Personal Impressions clear set, cut it out with a Labels Trio die, inked the edges and added a punched heart with a crystal.


After the card front, I got busy decorating the back and stamping an envelope.  The embellishment is a metal snowflake to which I added a clear crystal. 


It remains to be seen whether I make such an elaborate Christmas card for them next year - Mike actually suggested not exchanging cards next year, the very idea!  I was most put out and threatened to give him next year the cheapest, nastiest shop bought card I could find!  He was obviously having a bah, humbug moment!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Hobby Art Jumbo Snowman, PSX Snowflake Medley, SU! Lovely As a Tree set, Personal Impressions Christmas Messages set, back sentiment from Stampendous, My Cute Stamps Let It Snow! set
CS: SU! Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy & Whisper White, watercolour paper
Patterned paper: unknown snowflake paper from stash
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy & Old Olive
Tools: Labels Eight Nestabilities dies, Spellbinders Labels Trio die, small heart punch
Embellishments & accessories: Stardust & Orange Peel Stickles, metal snowflake, clear crystals


Photobucket

1 comment:

Zoe said...

This is gorgeous! really great idea!

01 09 10