Friday 24 December 2010

Diorama With Dangles!

I've loved making a few diorama cards this Christmas and I've been wanting to dangle something in the apertures.  I decided punched baubles would make the perfect dangles.  This is the card I made to give to our lovely friends Jan and Alan.

This card fit into a 6" square envelope.  EDITED TO ADD:  I've been asked for measurements for this card so I'm updating the post.  You need 2 pieces of 7 1/4" x 5 3/4" CS - score these at 1 1/2" on the left and right of the long sides.  These 2 pieces form the front, back and sides of the card.  For the middle piece (the Not Quite Navy panel on my card) you need 1 piece of 5 3/4" x 5 3/4"  CS - score this at 3/4" on the left and right sides.  Once you understand how a diorama card is constructed you can tweak the measurements to make different shape and size cards.  Just make sure you measure an envelope first and cut and score your CS accordingly so it will fit inside the envelope!  There is a diorama card tutorial here on Splitcoast Stampers.

Something else I've loved this Christmas is the Marina Mist with Not Quite Navy and Old Olive colour combo.   I stamped the tree bough and then added some glitter.  I sandwiched the green cord between two punched baubles, attaching the two shapes together with 3d foam pads.  You can't tell from the photo but I've added glitter to the dots on the baubles for a touch of sparkle.  I then taped the cords behind the apertures.  I then added the sentiment and the sweet little pine cone image.


You won't be entirely surprised to see that I decorated the back!




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Contempo Christmas & Lovely As A Tree sets, Hero Arts Real Pine, back sentiment from Penny Black
CS: SU! Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy, Old Olive & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: SU! Merry Moments Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy & Old Olive
Tools: Labels Eight Nestabilities dies, SU! Ornament punch
Embellishments & accessories: green cord, Crystal ultrafine glitter, 3d foam pads


Thank you so much for visiting and have a very...

Photobucket

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Gorgeous Diorama Ruth, love the dangly baubles.

I have a little something for you on my blog today ;)

01 09 10