Friday 19 November 2010

Stamper's Ten November Make & Take Projects

Joanne held her Stamper's Ten November Make and Take evening on Tuesday.  It was such a fun night!  We made a card and a gift card/money holder.  Actually, I waited to make my card because I wanted to use coloured CS for my card base - plus I also wanted to add a couple of elements! 

I've borrowed the card my friend Jan made so I can show the card Joanne designed.  The background was made by stamping the top of the fir tree from the Lovely As A Tree set around the four sides of the card.



Here's my version using a Marina Mist card base, a Bashful Blue mat layer with added moon and Santa with reindeer.  I sponged Bashful Blue ink for the sky and then edged the panel with Marina Mist ink.  I don't have the Warm Wishes stamp and I had to stamp my trees lower down to make room for my Santa so I chose to use a skinny sentiment.  Joanne had used Early Espresso ink but I don't have that - yet - so I stamped with Chocolate Chip ink.



This is the inside of my card.


This is my version of the gift card holder.  Sad to say I lost concentration and so made a boo boo!  I stamped the Merry Christmas sentiment on the inside whereas it should have been stamped on the front.  So I stamped another bauble (the Cherry Cobbler one), punched it out and I've popped it up.  There's no mistakes right? - just an embellishment opportunity!

This is the front.  The bow is attached to the elastic cord and you slide it off to open the holder.  We used the Ornament punch to cut a bauble aperture in the front of the holder.  The snowflake element on the Olive bauble was stamped again and punched out with the largest flower on the Boho Blossoms punch.  Then we daubed  it with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint which we also added to the punched Scallop Trim border.  The snowflake was popped up and a clear rhinestone added to the centre.



This is the inside.



This is the gift card holder fully open.  We used the Word Window and 1/2" circle punches to make the slot for the gift card/money to slide into.



Supplies for Season's Greetings card:
Stamps: SU! Lovely As A Tree set, Santa stamp by All Night Media, sentiments from Personal Impressions Christmas Messages clear set

CS: SU! Marina Mist, Bashful Blue & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Bashful Blue, Marina Mist & Chocolate Chip
Tools: 1 1/4" circle punch,  Spellbinders Labels Trio die, Woodware snowflake punch, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: Crystal ultrafine glitter, Anita's gem wheel


Supplies for gift card/money holder:
Stamps: SU! Delightful Decorations & Occasional Greetings sets
CS: SU! Crumb Cake & Old Olive

Patterned paper: SU! Jolly Holiday Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Old Olive & Cherry Cobbler
Tools: SU! Ornament, Scallop Trim Border, Boho Blossoms, Word Window & 1/2" circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive striped grosgrain ribbon, SU! gold elastic cord, SU! Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, SU! Basic Rhinestone, SU! Dimensionals


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10