Wednesday 24 November 2010

Asian Flowers Birthday Wishes - WMSC24

This is a birthday card I made for a friend and to enter into the WMSC24 challenge.  Here's the sketch:



I made a square card rather than rectangular, this sketch is versatile and easily works for both.  The card measures just a tad under 15 cms square and I used Perfect Plum CS for the base.  The patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Kioshi line.  After cutting my Labels Four shapes I applied Antique Linen distress ink to the white shape before stamping the branch.  The smaller flowers are stamped direct to the white panel but I stamped the larger flowers separately, cut them out and I've popped them up.  I've also popped up the white panel.

My SU! Photo Corners punch was used again, I love having this thing!  I punched small Mellow Moss corners and layered them onto large Pale Plum corners.  To finish off the front I added pearls to the flower centres and to the corners.



Then I decorated the inside of the card and the envelope flap.



Supplies:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Asian Gardens set, inside sentiment from Penny Black
CS: SU! Perfect Plum, Mellow Moss, Pale Plum & Whisper White
Patterned paper: Basic Grey Kioshi 'Lilo'
Ink: SU! Mellow Moss, Memento Sweet Plum & Grape Jelly, Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink
Tools: Labels Four Nestabilities dies, SU! Photo Corners punch, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon, self adhesive half pearls, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

3 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

What a pretty card. I love those flowers.
Carol x

Mona Pendleton said...

Pretty card Ruth both inside and out! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Julia Aston said...

What a pretty design with the Asian flowers and the coordinating DP! thanks for playing with the WMS challenge this week!

01 09 10