Tuesday 19 October 2010

Poinsettia Trio Very Merry Christmas - Stamper's Ten Challenge Card

This is the second of my Stamper's Ten challenge cards for this month using some of the supplies Joanne gave us.  I decided on the poinsettias from the Season of Joy set to go with the Real Red, Old Olive and Very Vanilla colour combo.

I used my Sizzix Ornate card die to make the shaped card.  I stamped the poinsettias in red and olive and cut the olive ones apart so I could stick them behind the red ones as leaves.  I've added yellow gems to the centres and the poinsettias are popped up.  For the sentiment panel, I stamped the Fine Flourish background stamp in olive ink, stamping off once first before stamping the sentiment.  I then stamped the 3 small flowers and added red gem centres.  Right at the end, I realised I hadn't used the 3 gold brads Joanne had given us so I added them to the strip of red ribbon.

Tonight is our Stamper's Ten Make and Take evening.  I'm really looking forward to it and I'm hoping we're going to be using some new goodies from the new catty!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Season of Joy & Best Yet sets, SU! Fine Flourish
CS: SU! Real Red, Old Olive & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: SU! Old Olive patterned paper

Ink: SU! Real Red & Old Olive
Tools:  Sizzix Bigz XL Card Fronts A2 Eyelet & Ornate die, SU! circle punches 

Embellishments & accessories: SU! Real Red grosgrain ribbon, SU! gold brads, Anita's gem wheel, 3d foam pads
Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10