Saturday 2 October 2010

Pink Poinsettias Merry Christmas - Hope You Can Cling To Campaign Card

Splitcoast Stampers is hosting three challenges today for World Card Making Day - click here for the information.  There is a month long 'Hope You Can Cling To' campaign while Breast Cancer Awareness Month is going on and after today there will be daily challenges for the campaign.  As I love pink, I decided I couldn't pass up the Pink Holidays challenge!  I decided to make a pink Christmas card.

My card is a standard A6 size, made using SU! Melon Mambo CS.  I used a Card Positioning Sketch (CPS#93) for my layout.  I stamped the poinsettia in Melon Mambo ink three times without re-inking and cut them out.  I stamped in Certainly Celery ink for the leaves.  The Celery strip down the left hand side is ribbon.  I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to get perfect placement for the sentiment on the white panel, I used Melon Mambo ink but I stamped off once first.  I've added silver sequins to the flower centres and a silver glitter dot to the centre of the snowflake.  I've deliberately kept all the elements flat as this card will be posted to the card drive in the USA.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Season of Joy set
CS: SU! Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Melon Mambo & Certainly Celery
Tools: Square Nestabilities dies, circle punches, Stamp-A-Ma-

Embellishments & accessories: SU! Certainly Celery poly twill ribbon, silver sequins, Anita's silver Glitterations dot sticker, glue dots
Photobucket

2 comments:

Pauline said...

Lovely bright christmas card, love the stamped poinsettias, very pretty.

XxJULESxX said...

just gorgeous!

01 09 10