Friday 10 September 2010

Cupcakes Tent Topper BRAK Card

This is one of the birthday cards I've sent to a member of the Splitcoast Stampers Birthday RAK group this month.  This cupcakes tent topper card went to babybluegirl.  Well, technically speaking it isn't really a tent topper card 'cos I made a boo boo when gluing on the scallop circle and now the card opens from the side rather than opening as a tent!

I stamped the image on watercolour paper, scribbled markers on a ceramic tile and picked up the colour with an Aquapainter to colour in the image.  I added some sparkle to the icing on the cupcakes with some ultrafine glitter.  I've added some Chocolate Chip doodling around the image and the sentiment.  The sentiment is framed in a bookplate die cut with small gem brads.  The three Choc Chip flowers were punched from the Boho Blossoms punch.  I snipped the petals a little deeper and then spiralled an embossing tool in the centre of each flower to give them some dimension.  I've popped a crystal in each flower centre.



This photo shows the inside of the card:



This photo shows the 6" ruler I included with the card.  I used a piece of Sweet Always paper, the reverse pattern of the dotty paper I used on the card.  I got the fabulous idea for the pretty rulers from Monica Gale's blog.  She has a video tutorial on this blog post if you want to check it out. I always add one coat of glossy varnish to the paper on the back side of the ruler to make it a tad more durable.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Crazy For Cupcakes & Sweet Little Sentiments sets
CS: SU! Kraft, Rose Red & Chocolate Chip, watercolour paper
Patterned paper: SU! Sweet Always Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: VersaFine Vintage Sepia, SU! marker pens
Tools: Plain and scalloped circle Nestabilities dies, Sizzix Bookplates die, SU! Boho Blossoms punch, Aquapainter, Crop-A-Dile
Embellishments & accessories: Crystal ultrafine glitter, SU! gem brads, clear crystals, Wilko 6" plastic ruler, SU! Pretty in Pink striped grosgrain ribbon, SU! Pewter Jumbo Eyelet


 
Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10