Monday 9 August 2010

CAS Tree Feel Better Soon Card For Robin

Our friend Robin is going into hospital today for an operation and I've made a card for him so he knows we're thinking of him and wishing him well. I think the tree from the Waltzingmouse Stamps Asian Gardens set is fabulous for masculine cards!

The card is a standard A6 size, made with SU! Chocolate Chip CS. I inked the tree trunk in VersaMagic Jumbo Java ink but used two green inks for the leaves - I first inked with Tea Leaves and then I added just a touch of Spanish Olive around the edges. I used my new Nellie MultiFrame oval dies and then sponged distress ink around the vanilla ovals. I did exactly the same for the bird image I put on the envelope flap. I even remembered to use a cream envelope rather than reaching for a white one!



Supplies:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Asian Gardens set
CS: SU! Chocolate Chip, Old Olive & Very Vanilla
Ink: VersaMagic chalk inks in Jumbo Java, Tea Leaves & Spanish Olive, Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink
Tools: Nellie's MultiFrame Oval MFD013 dies

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10