Tuesday 3 August 2010

Bright & Cheery Hello Card - WMSC8

I am absolutely chuffed to bits that my card for WMSC7 was chosen for a Top Mouse award, that put a huge smile on my face! This is the card I've made for the WMSC8 challenge. Here's the sketch:


I received my new Waltzingmouse Asian Gardens stamp sets on Friday so I knew exactly which stamps I wanted to use. I opted to make a bright, cheery hello card to catch up with a friend I haven't heard from in a while.

For the circle elements, I stamped a variety of the Sakura flowers and punched them out with different sized circle punches. For the hello circle, I stamped the rain image from Asian Garden Additions as a background and then stamped the sentiment and tiny flower before matting on a larger Melon Mambo circle. I've popped three of the circles up on foam dots. For the top of the card, I stamped the background border stamp and I added a strip of dotty ribbon. To finish off, I've added some bright pink bling.



Supplies:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Asian Gardens & Asian Gardens Additions sets
CS: SU! Melon Mambo, Barely Banana & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Barely Banana, Memento Rose Bud
Tools: Circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Melon Mambo dotty grosgrain ribbon, pink gems, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

8 comments:

Antje said...

You have a lovely blog with wonderful creative work and this card is no exeption! Love your colours!

Genevieve said...

Wow gorgeous card Ruth & congrats on 'The Top Mouse Award' I'm sure you were chuffed :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh so pretty! Love the fresh & fun colors! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's WMSC :) Hope you come play again!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Ruth, great use of the Asian Gardens set! Love the colours you have used too! xx

Julia Aston said...

Love the colors you used on this Ruth - and the flurry of flowers looks wonderful! Congrats on being one of the Top Mice! and thanks for playing again with WMS this week!

Ren-Yi said...

ruth - i love your word "chuffed" i'll have to augment my daily vocab. but why i really stopped by - i love your cheery colors and your interpretation of the sketch! fun fun!

Christina said...

This is a fabulous use of the sketch! I love the ribbon border you added, and your stamping is lovely. Lots of beautiful work on your blog!

Ann said...

Very pretty - lovely colours and I always loved that blossom stamp.

01 09 10